***this post contains affiliate links
Tis the season for holiday entertaining and for us home cooks, that means wonderful aromas being concocted in our kitchens.
But don’t be stressed out!
In a previous post, 5 Non-Food Thanksgiving Dinner Tips, I mentioned a few things to remember, when hosting a large crowd for a meal.
However, this post is going to discuss a few items essential to cooking top-quality dishes your guest will love.
Follow these tips to relieve yourself of some of the stress.
Tip 1: Get an ERGO SPOUT
Do you like gravy on your Thanksgiving turkey? Most do…
In the south, we like giblet gravy. Many of you may have a traditional gravy bowl for special occasions; however, consider Ergo Spout.
Just pour a portion of your gravy in a mason jar. Heat it up in the microwave for one minute…place the Ergo Spout top on the jar and your gravy is ready to serve.
No worries about keeping the gravy warm.
Also, Ergo Spout is not just for gravy. It can be used for barbecue sauce, salad dressings or making pancakes.
Tip 2 – Get Your Turkey Before the Rush
Why not give Butcher Box a try and get a turkey FOR FREE!
Butcher Box is a custom meat subscription service, delivered right to your door.
Chose a curated box, or create one catered to your family, among their high-quality pork, beef and chicken options.
Your meat is carefully packed in an insulated box and shipped frozen to your door for FREE.
You can select how often you receive a box, and you change your package at any time.
Butcher Box provides only premium quality meats; including, 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef; Heritage Breed pork; and free-range organic chicken.
It also includes a brining bag. However, after we submerge our turkey in a cooler, filled with the brine, mixed with water.
Tip 3 – Use Good Ingredients for Tasty Results
Many of us will be doing holiday baking for the next few weeks.
Why not use the best ingredients, such as Dixie Crystals line of baking products?
Once known as the Savannah Sugar Refining Corporation, they have been producing quality products since 1917.
Dixie Crystals’ extra fine granulated pure cane sugar has the best texture for my grandma’s Peach Cobber recipe.
My Mama's Peach Cobbler Pie
- 8 Tablespoons Good quality butter
- 1 cup Self-rising flour
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals pure cane white sugar
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 18-20 ozs. peaches
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Peel 5-6 peaches, or if using a Large can of peaches, make sure they are in heavy syrup. If using canned peaches skip the next step.
- If using fresh peaches, slice them into a bowl and add 1-2 Tablespoons of Dixie Crystal white sugar.
- Place fresh peaches in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow sugar to be absorbed. Add 1/4 cup of water for a more juicy pie.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and sugar, until no lumps remain.
- Add buttermilk to flour mixture, in very small amounts. Add just enough to moisten the flour/sugar mixture.
- Meanwhile, melt one stick of butter in a saucepan, or an aluminium pan, as in the video.
- Pour buttermilk mix into the pan with warm butter. No need to stir.
- Remove pan from heat and add refrigerated peaches. No need to stir.
- Place in a preheated 450º oven for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Tip 4 – Take time to enjoy the holidays
By using my strategic planner, you will be prepared and can enjoy the special “get-together.”
Have a coffee bar set up for your guests to enjoy a cup of Joe after the delicious meal.
Order from a variety of traditional or gourmet coffees, as well as specialty teas from The Coffee Shopping Network.
Make sure to include sugar, cream, spoons, and cups for your guests.
I have already ordered mine.
Do you have any products or tips for others who will be entertaining this holiday season?
Please share them in the comments or email me at JoAnnsfoodbites@gmail.com