I am finally returning from a month hiatus because my husband and I were moving into our new house, including my strategically designed kitchen.
Things were just too crazy for the week leading up to the big move.
However, I wanted to share with my fellow foodies how EXCITED I am over my new foodie kitchen.
Follow me around and check out a few things I incorporated into the design.
Dream Kitchen Video Tour
I created a sketch of what my dream kitchen would look like and this is very close.
Thank you to Cook’s Woodworking, Inc. for having patience with me, during the designing process.
I changed my mind several times on various elements, which Cook’s Woodworking graciously accommodated.
Just a few notes I forgot to mention in the video:
- The cabinets are made of alder wood. Alder is a close or fine grained wood similar to cherry, birch and maple.
- All the cabinets have adjustable shelves, accommodating even the tallest of glassware.
- Each drawer, regardless of width, can hold up to 120 lbs (which I am not going to test).
- The motor for the downdraft exhaust was mounted in our basement, reducing noise while in use.
- The pot/skillet drawers, under the cook top, were specifically built to hold a 12″ skillet.
I hope you enjoyed this tour of my new kitchen.
I truly am excited about it and even more thrilled to share it with you.
You will see more of my kitchen in upcoming blog posts.
Here at JoAnn’s Food Bites we plan to include short, one minute cooking tips and tricks to help my fellow home cooks prepare even easier tasty meals.
Let me know what you think of the tour and do you have any unusual design ideas for your “dream kitchen?”