Using stale bread to make homemade croutons.
Check out my quick video on how to make these inexpensive croutons at home.
Salad croutons are too expensive to buy prepackaged when it is super easy to make your own at home. Just follow these simple steps...
Servings 2 servings
- 4 cups cubed, stale bread
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle olive oil over bread while stirring. Stir well until bread is coated by all ingredients and olive oil is absorbed
- Spread the bread cubes into an even layer on a sheet pan. Don’t crowd the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. If you’re using super fresh bread, they’ll take a little longer to become golden brown. If the bread is stale and dry, it may brown faster, so keep an eye on it!
- Remove and allow to cool before serving.