Apple and Brussels Sprouts Salad
Easy to put together and all you need are raw Brussels spouts and a granny smith apple. This is the only way my family will eat Brussels sprouts.
Servings 2 people
- 8 Brussels Sprouts washed and dried
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and peeled
- 1 small shallot, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup High quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Thoroughly wash the Brussels Sprouts and dry, Using a box grater, grate the Brussels sprouts and the apple, place in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the mustard, shallot, garlic, salt, and pepper. While vigorously whisking, gradually add the olive oil in a steady stream to emulsify the dressing.
Add the dressing to the shredded Brussels sprouts and apples. Stir to evenly coat the salad.
Top with chopped bacon and cheese.