Easy Fresh Tomato Sauce
A basic tomato sauce which can be mixed in a high power blender, such as a Vitamix, then heated for about 30 minutes before serving.
Servings 3 cups
- 6 medium Roma tomatoes quartered
- 1 small onion peeled, halved
- 1 small carrot halved
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Place all ingredients in the Vitamix, or high powered blender.
Secure the lid.
Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to high.
Blend for one minute, tamper down to press the ingredients into the blades.
Pour into saucepan and simmer for 30-40 minutes.