SOUTHWEST PORK STEW
A delicious, hearty recipe for using leftover pulled pork.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 – 16 0z jar salsa verde
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 – 15 oz can of mixed beans I used Luck’s pinto & great northern bean mix rinsed and drained
- 1 – 15 oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 lb or more of your leftover shredded smoked pork – unsauced
- 1 T. ground cumin salt and pepper to taste
I used my crock pot for this recipe. Pour the salsa verde in the bottom of the crock pot. Turn on to low setting. Let the salsa get slightly warm. Add drained beans, diced tomatoes and cumin; thoroughly mix.
Add shredded pork. No need to warm up the pork; however, I did break up the larger clumps that form while it is refrigerated. Add chicken broth, which I slightly warmed in the microwave. It will help break up the pork clumps. Add salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix.
Allow crock pot to sit on low for 6+ hours. Mine sat for 8 total hours.
Turn off just prior to serving (I allowed mine to sit about 15 minutes prior to serving) and thoroughly stir.
I served mine with just a little shredded cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of sour cream. I poured my stew over day old bread. My husband had his over white rice. I promise you will like this easy recipe.