Fish and Potatoes
An easy meal to put together and cook in the oven.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 8 ounce russet potatoes sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 6 - 8 ounce skinless cod fillets 1 to 1 1/2-inches thick
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 springs of fresh tyme
- 1/2 lemon sliced thin
- Make sure oven rack is set to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 425º.
- Prepare a 13 by 9-inch baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil.
- After slicing potatoes, toss them with 1 - 2 tablespoons of your favorite olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper. I just used my hands to mix this up.
- Shingle potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes until edges are brown and just tender, 30-35 minutes, rotating dish halfway through roasting.
- When potatoes are almost done, prepare fish.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Once edges are brown on potatoes, remove from oven and carefully place one fillet, skinned side down on top of each potato pile.
- Top fish with butter pieces, thyme sprigs and lemon slices.
- Roast fish and potatoes until fish flakes apart when gently prodded with paring knife and registers 140º, about 15-20 minutes.
- To serve, slide spatula underneath potatoes and fillets, gently transferring to individual plates.
- I removed the thyme sprigs and lemon slices to serve.
- I sliced the remaining half of the lemon to serve at the table.
Share the love!