CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT FREEZING SUMMER PEPPERS
Tuscan Chicken in a creamy sauce
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 6 chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Seasoned both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper. [mv_img id="5716"]
- While chicken acclimates, prep the other ingredients.
- Heated EVOO in a cast iron skillet, medium heat, swirling the oil to coat the entire skillet.
- Once oil was heated up (I tested by dropping in a piece of the chopped onion to make sure it would start cooking immediately),
- I placed all thighs in the skillet, skin side down (remember mine had no skin), in the skillet, cooking for 13 minutes.
- Turned the chicken and cooked the other side, 12 minutes.
- Removed the chicken from the pan and placed on a plate. Put chicken in a preheated 200º oven.
- Skillet still hot and on medium heat, I dropped in all chopped onion. Stirring occasionally till onions were translucent, approximately 7 minutes.
- Added chopped garlic. Stirring until I could smell the garlic really well, then I added the tomatoes, stirred the mixture.
- Finally, adding the spinach. Using tongs, I mixed in the spinach, cooking until the spinach was wilted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, dash of salt and pinch of pepper. Stir the mixture and leave until it reaches a boil, should take approximately 7-8 minutes. [mv_img id="5715"]
- Once at a light boil, add the Parmesan cheese, stirring till the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, spooning sauce on top of the chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow chicken to cook in the sauce for 10 minutes.