Looking for a way to use up your summer harvest? For this Chicken and Lemon Pasta, you will spend more time prepping than cooking. Use store bought rotisserie chicken to make this a weeknight meal.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME 35 MINUTES
COOK – pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
You can use any type of your favorite pasta. The recipe recommended campanelle, which I used, but I think a penne or bowtie would’ve been better.
HEAT – butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallion whites and cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 40 seconds.
ADD – cream, lemon juice, and zest; simmer, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. Add chicken and pepper and cook until heated through, 3-4 minutes; season with salt.
OFF HEAT – stir in cooked pasta, corn, zucchini, Parmesan, parsley and scallion greens, adding reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency; season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts if you desire.
INGREDIENTS for the Chicken and Lemon Pasta
- 8 oz. dry pasta
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced, greens and whites separated
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced lemon zest
- 2 Cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 1/4 Cups fresh sweet corn kernels (approx 3 ears)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick (approx 2 cups)
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pine nuts to garnish
Per serving: 757 calories; 37 grams total fat; 157 mg cholesterol; 340 mg sodium; 67 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams fiber; 42 grams protein.
Recipe courtesy of Cuisine at Home Magazine